Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Tuesday, Day 5


My husband and I were awakened this morning around 4am by a clatter in the bathroom. Girl dog managed to jump out of my garden tub. No, this is not a standard tub. This is an extra deep and wide tub, the size of a Jacuzzi. She is talented. I fixed her bedding and put her back in. She tried to jump out again about 30 minutes later. I decided to make her a mat on the bathroom floor to sleep. While I was making her mat, she was very happy. She wagged her tail and probably felt very accomplished.

We are 99% sure of the girl dog's name. Aunt Jackie suggested Hope and we both think that is the perfect name. Now we need a boy name.......

We had a follow up appointment with the vet today. He was not very hopeful because of their labored breathing. He gave them more of the same antibiotic that they were taking, some new antibiotic to take, and a human medicine for their breathing. She lost a pound since Friday but he was about the same weight. She was dehydrated, so I really need to give her tons of fluids. Once I left, I called the vet to ask if they were in any pain, and he said no. That is a relief.........

Melissa suggested a boy dog name of Chance, and we like that name........

I took them outside to do their business tonight and Chance, the boy dog, actually walked twice as far as he usually does. Once I picked up Hope, the girl dog, to take her inside, Chance followed me inside instead of me having to pick him up. I tried to take a long route so he could get some exercise, but he knew the way I was going was not the way inside, so he sat down until I got back on the right path.......

Hope is having a really hard time breathing tonight. We hope she makes it through the night.

0 comments:

Post a Comment